Bapu was in present for the first time in 1922. He was kept in the yervada jail.the jail superintendent knew that the Hindus and the Muslims both loved Ghandhiji.he felt that if he gave bapu an attendant who could speak English or any Indian language it would be bad for him and for the British empire. He thought that bapu would turn such an attendant into an enemy of the empire. So he chose for bapu service a negro convict. Bapu and his attendant man is as best as they code with gesture and a few Hindustani words which the negro knew. And the superintendent felt quite happy and safe. There was no danger of the negro being corrupted.but the negro received from bapu such love and kindness that he became bapu’s friend. He served bapu with great zeal and love. Seeing this, the superintendent bacame sorry.
(1) why did the jail superintendent choose a negro convict as an attendant for gandhiji?
(2) how did the negro become bapu’s friend?
(3) write the summary of the above passage in your own words and give its title?
(4) explain the italicized portion?
(1)the jail superintendent chose a negro convict as an attendant for gandhiji because he did not understand English or any Indian language.
(2)the negro received so much love and kindness from bapu that he became his friend.
(3) power of love: gandhiji was sent to yerwada jail for the first time in 1922. His attendant was a negro who could not speak English or any Indian language. So there was no danger of the negro being corrupted. What he became Gandhi’s friend on account of his good behaviour. This made the jail superintendent sad.
(4) the negro sarovar gandhiji very enthusiastically and and affectionately.